New Album is out now!
Further information at http://www.andyirvine.com
Andy Irvine with Rens van der Zalm
To be released on 13th Nov.2013
Order from HERE!
ANDY IRVINE New Album
with RENS VAN DER ZALM
– Recorded in the Australian Outback –
Released on 13th November 2013
1. I wish I was in Belfast Town (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 5:13
2. Come to the Bower (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 5:06
3. Billy Far Out (Andy Irvine) 3:34
4. Sergeant Small (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 4:04
5. The Dandenong (Trad. arr. Kate Burke / Andy Irvine) 4:41
6. Braes of Moneymore (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 4:02
7. Outlaw Frank Gardiner (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 3:28
8. He Fades Away (Alistair Hulett) 3:58
9. Farewell to Kellswater (Trad. arr. Andy Irvine) 5:27
10. Douglas Mawson (Andy Irvine) 6:40
Produced by Andy Irvine & Rens van der Zalm
Andy Irvine’s new album is called “PARACHILNA” – the name of a tiny town between the desert and the Flinders Range mountains in South Australia where a lot of it was recorded.
With thanks to the Prairie Hotel!
Andy and his good friend and musical companion, Rens van der Zalm recorded 10 tracks in various woolsheds, shearers quarters and school rooms in the area during a wonderful journey in the Australian winter of July 2012.
The songs were recorded in the ‘wild’ but thanks to modern technology and the skill of recording, editing and mixing engineers, the ﬁnished article sounds much like a studio recording.
As a frequent visitor to Australia over the last 30 years, Andy has always been very interested in Australian folk music and has wanted to make an Australian album. This is nearly it!
However, The songs are a mixture of Irish and Australian.
Andy & Rens play and sing songs from their Irish repertoire like “Kellswater”, “Rambling Boys of Pleasure”,
“Come to the Bower” and Australian songs that Andy has either written during his travels there or traditional songs like “Sergeant Small” and “Frank Gardiner”.
Andy plays mandola, bouzouki, harmonica and sings and Rens plays ﬁddle, guitar, mandolin, viola and sings harmony. The songs were recorded live.
Andy will be on tour in Australia & New Zealand between December 2013 and March 2014.
Contact to firstname.lastname@example.org